Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New York fashion week inspiration: Jen Kao

This collection involved:
-lots of leather
-lots of knitwear
-lots of fur
-bondage-inspired pieces
-also peep-toe ankle boots, not even cute ones. WHY?

Standout looks:

They're so hard to wear, but I really want a pair of leather shorts.
Also, that vest is genius.

It's... a bondage-inspired... all-leather dress... that's still feminine and cute. Love.

OK so call me an evil animal-hater or whatever but the vest above and the jacket below look SO nice and cozy and I love how the collar would keep your neck warm. I can see wearing these with a pair of soft long leather gloves.

Favorite piece.

All the knitwear was worn with conspicuously not enough underneath, but this is still lovely.

(Images courtesy of NYmag.com)


Here's a look I put together based on this collection. I used a cheaper version of bondage-inspired leather skirt, and tried to tone it down with a simple top and more sophisticated shoes and shrug. (Let me know if you think the toning-down worked or if it just looks weird together.)

3 comments:

  1. I love the look you put together! Those gold shoes and necklace are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your version. fantastic styling!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete