Monday, February 15, 2010

New York fashion week inspiration: BCBG Max Azria

This show was by no means an electrifying contribution to the fashion world, but it is one I can definitely see myself drawing inspiration from for a comfortable everyday wardrobe.

Trends from the BCBG Max Azria show:
  • Flowy, drapey garments. (They look sooooo comfy. If I owned them I'd wear them to class all the time. Which everyone knows is EXACTLY the appropriate thing to do with designer clothes.)
  • Cinching with belts at the waist. (ORIGINAL.)
  • Color blocking. (A trend which is apparently So Right Now, but which reminds me of terrible winter jackets from my childhood.)
  • Simplicity. (Little to no embellishment on the clothes, and almost every outfit was paired with the same opaque tights and simple shoes.)
  • Emphasis on neutrals. (Lots of grey, black, white and navy with pops of yellow in some outfits. Broke the increasingly old-fashioned "no navy blue with black" rule with reckless abandon.)







(Images courtesy of NYmag.com)

Here's an everyday look I put together, inspired by the collection. With a simple and comfy tunic and skirt, opaque tights, and chunky shoes, it would be a good outfit to wear to class or out shopping. It would also be cute with a cardigan, obviously, or with ballet flats or converse for a more casual look.

No comments:

Post a Comment