Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New York fashion week inspiration: Ports 1961


To be totally honest, I thought a lot of this collection was really boring. So many neutrals, so many standard silhouettes, and weird caps which reminded me of Eliza Doolittle's dad in My Fair Lady. Not flattering. But there were some looks I loved:

I just love the simplicity of this dress, and the long clothes.
And also I'm totally jealous of her hair.
It's so anne-hathaway-at-the-beginning-of-the-princess-diaries but in a good way.

Like the piraty look going on here, and am once again tempted to try high-waist pants even though I am fully aware that I'm not a supermodel and thus they wouldn't work on me. At all.

Must. Have. Clothes. With. Shoulder. Details.

Outfit I would actually wear. Elegant, and looks comfy.


I like the idea of all the red velvety fabric here, and it made me want velvet pants in real life, but I'm not sure about an entire outfit of it.

Again with the shoulder details. I need this jacket.

Coats I loved:

(Images courtesy of NYmag.com)


Here's a polyvore set I put together, inspired by this collection. I started off with the dress because I just love the shoulder detailing, and continued the black and gold theme with the boots and clutch. The gold leggings I mostly added because I would never wear a dress that tight and short on its own, and the statement coat is because obviously a look inspired by this collection would involve a lovely coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment