Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentine's day cuteness. with hearts and ruffles and sprinkles and stuff.

Once again, I've spent valentine's day alone. Well, not especially alone - I went to church and then made dinner for my family and spent the afternoon hanging out with them. But you know what I mean. It's weird cause it's the 20th valentine's day in a row I've spent in pretty much that way and I even have a boyfriend this year, but the living in a different state issue causes problems... anyway what I wanted to say is, I never minded spending valentine's day without a boy. To me, it's more of a celebration of pink and red things and sugar. :-P

Here's the valentine's day outfit I put together on polyvore that I'd wear if I ever *did* have a date on February 14th. (NEVER MIND THE FACT that my legs would freeze and the shoes would get all gross in the snow, SIGH. Chicago winters, how I despise thee.)



And because I feel like lots and lots of pink and red and slightly cheesy things, here's some other lovely polyvore sets I found. Obviously, I didn't make these all, and I totally recommend you go check out the users who did, because these sets are great.


Seriously, go look at how this girl put this set together. It is genius.



I want the dress. And the sunglasses. And Paris. Obviously.






It's... like... if Lady Gaga would ever dream of wearing an actual outfit. Involving flat shoes. So basically not like Lady Gaga at all. Except sparkly.









Please tell me I'm not the only one who looks at this and immediately really, really wants that hat.




As much as I despise Coach and Hollister (SO MUCH. SO, SO MUCH.), I'm a big fan of the whole cute and casual thing going on here.



Happy last-couple-hours-of-valentine's-day!

<3

2 comments:

  1. all fantastic.

    http://www.daniellebarbe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! and the top hat was a sweet gift from someone.. but it came from free people! you could save your money and just as easily get a vintage top hat and attach a flower pin onto it - that's really all that they did.

    ReplyDelete