Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.




Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland comes out today. I'm really excited about it, and have been for a couple of years (I love the books. I love Tim Burton.) Surely everyone's seen the pictures. But that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about my absolute favorite fashion shoot ever. It involved VOGUE, Annie Leibovitz, and Alice in Wonderland. And different fashion designers' vision of what Alice should be. Amazing. One of my favorite things about this shoot is how the designers pose as other characters from the book.


By Tom Ford.


By Karl Lagerfeld.


By Donatella Versace.


By Viktor and Rolf.


By Christian Lacroix.


By Jean Paul Gaultier.


By Marc Jacobs.


By John Galliano.


By Nicolas Ghesquiere.


Either this or the mad tea party shot is my favorite.


By Olivier Theyskens.

[VOGUE USA, 2003]

[photos courtesy of cyanatrendland.com]

1 comment:

  1. you may also get a kick out of this :P

    http://thechive.com/2010/03/05/naughty-alice-in-wonderland-gallery-13-photos/

    ReplyDelete