Friday, February 12, 2010

McQ.

As anyone who bothers to read fashion blogs is well aware, the fashion world suffered a horrible loss yesterday when Alexander McQueen was found dead, having apparently committed suicide. He was only 40, but the impact he made on the fashion world in his relatively short career is amazing. He was hands down my favorite designer, so I'm especially sorry to see him go.


You can view a history of McQueen's catwalk collections here and his 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea themed spring/summer 2010 collection here.


I always thought that Alexander McQueen was what would happen if Tim Burton did couture. The use of so much red and black, the ever-present dark side, the flair for the overdramatic... I just love it.



























4 comments:

  1. i love how you used all the red pieces. i always thought his use of red was so stunning! love!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. McQueen was one of my favorite designers as well.
    His presence in the industry shall truly be missed. He was the one designer who was bold and edgy and didn't really care if his collections caused a scandal.
    R.I.P McQueen.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've really put an effort and found great pics. i saved em all in my inspiration folder :)

    ReplyDelete