Friday, February 5, 2010

fascinating.

I love fascinators. They're so little and frivolous and cute and add so much to an outfit. Silk flowers and netting and lace and feathers and ribbon and sparkly things. Yay. I'm so glad fascinators and their more normal-looking sister, oversized headbands, are back in style.


This post is basically going to be an irritatingly long conglomeration of frivolous headwear. Om nom nom.

Here's several from one of my favorite websites ever that I never buy anything from because it costs too much. (That will change someday when I marry a stunningly handsome and independently wealthy British guy. But you know. For now.)






I also like the feathery and flowery headbands from affordable stores you can find in the mall - so much fun.



The mini hat variety of fascinator is one of my favorites ever.



While attaching an oversized flower or an undersized hat to a headband is very well and good and cute and makes a statement, blah blah blah, you might be looking for something a little more creative. Check out these works of art from designers on etsy. (By the way, none of these etsy shops are mine or anything, I just happen to think they're awesome.)











(I just love the idea of wearing a white feathery fascinator like that for my wedding.)


Anyway, what do you guys think? Is this a trend you would wear? Maybe all the time, maybe not at all, maybe only for special occasions?

1 comment: