Saturday, March 6, 2010

alice inspired.

After yesterday's post on Vogue's Alice in Wonderland fashion, I wanted to show you some outfits I put together which are inspired by Alice, but more or less wearable in real life. Alice in Wonderland style is whimsical, girly, and to my mind ideally includes lots of dresses, ruffles, pastels, and motifs like teacups, bottles, top hats, and keys. I've tried to keep most of the pieces in these outfits a realistic price for the average budget... but when I start putting looks together on polyvore, sometimes I just have to use the beautiful expensive things. You know how it is.

Blue is Alice's signature color, so I'll start off with a mostly blue ensemble, and go all the way through the color spectrum.



A blue shirtdress is always classic, and I love the girly detailing on this one. The tights are a bit more grown-up than the plain white ones worn by Disney's Alice, and I just love the girly details on the shoes, fascinator, and clutch. The necklace is more white rabbit than Alice, obviously, but fits with the general theme.



OK, so this outfit isn't entirely as green as it could be, but I loved the garden-party feel of this dress, and I think the accessories go beautifully, and the ruffles on the clutch and bows on the shoes make it quite Alice.


I would love to wear this outfit to a garden party, or maybe one of those mother-daughter tea parties my church tends to do around mother's day. It reminds me of Brooke White singing Here Comes the Sun on American Idol.


For some reason, I can't really see Alice wearing orange as much as any other color, but I can imagine a very girly little girl wearing this when she grew up a bit, maybe early 20s. The bows and prettiness are still there, but it's a bit more hippie.



This is my favorite look in this post, because it's the most fairy-tale. OK, I admit, it looks like doll clothes, but who doesn't want to dress like a doll every once in a while?




This is definitely a look I could see wearing in real life... the dress and the hat are summer basics, and the shoes and belt are pretty normal as well, while the clutch and especially the necklace add the Alice element which I'm obviously going for here.

5 comments:

  1. cute clothes, you have good taste.
    As an answer to your question check out my previous post about film costumes! -http://oliviadiasarts.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-favourite-costume-moments.html
    hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness, i want every single one of those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm having an alice in wonderland hen party so thanks for the inspiration! I also make alice in wonderland hair accessories so please check them out - http://www.greenpicklesstudio.co.uk

    Love
    from
    Aimee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet seductive in those cute <a href="http://www.loudstarbazaar.com/shop/brand-alpha-industries/alpha-industries-utilitarian-pencil-skirt/p_51.html>Black skirts</a>!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet seductive in those cute Black Skirts! (www.loudstarbazaar.com)

    ReplyDelete