Saturday, July 31, 2010

big city, big city nights (you keep me burning)

So today, I got to hang out in Chicago with friends for the last time in a while (because of this silly moving to Texas deal) and it was fun and we went shopping blah blah blah boring backstory you don't care about because I am not a celebrity and thus every detail of my life is not your concern or priority. Anyway.

I love the city at night. I like how sparkly it is, especially reflecting on the lake or the river. (How much quieter it is than at rush hour really doesn't hurt either.) Anyway, here are some city-at-night-inspired outfits for your enjoyment.


#1: Chicago.

I like how black and gold it gets at night... I am mildly obsessed with city lights. Especially streetlights, for some reason. Anyhow, this is the black and gold outfit I would wear if I were rich and going to a nice dinner and then to the opera or something. (And also if I didn't mind wearing four-inch stilettos all over the city. But I digress. Besides if I were rich I could afford a cab instead of having to walk.)


#2: New York.

The first thing I notice about Times Square in New York City is the color. Lots of bright colors, contrasting with the dark sky. In the same way, the dark colored dress/belt/clutch here make a good background for the different pops of bright color. This would be a fun outfit to wear if you wanted to be a little dressed up but still casual (and still have comfortable walking shoes.)


#3: Los Angeles.

I like all the different jewel tones in this picture of LA, so I found a dress in turquoise, my favorite jewel tone. The deep purple suede pumps provide both tonal and textural contrast, while the buckles echo the buckle on the belt. This is clearly a date night or clubbing outfit, so I added a cute clutch, and a simple ring (because really that's all the jewelry it needs.)

P.S. I misspelled "Los Angeles" like three different ways, somehow, and kept having to go back and fix it. This never ought to happen. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I love #1 and #3 outfits. They are pretty.

    IMO, I would never wear bright green-ish converses with second outfit. Otherwise, it's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chanel bag...louboutins...all a girl needs. :)

    ReplyDelete